Historical Thinking Project Agenda included:
– introduction to HT, the six concepts, and learning activities designed to further participants understanding of the concepts.
– Station rotation in museum galleries with museum educators and teachers
• Three sessions led by museum educators/staff and teachers. Hosted in the museum gallery and learning spaces.
• Sessions were 50 minutes long (with 10 mins of travel time to the next station) and focus on modelling an HT strategy/concept and then creating an activity that invites participants to use the gallery space and conversations with other colleagues to generate ideas about how to teach about that HT concept.
Participants rotated through all three sessions.
• Session 1: Historical Perspective + Ethical Dimension
• Session 2: Evidence + Cause and Consequence
• Session 3: Change and Continuity + Significance
Canada’s History & The Historical Thinking Project
Name of conference, organization, journal, or publisher where KMb product appears
Royal Bc Museum, Victoria, BC